In view of resolving Public Grievances Govt. of Maharashtra started new concept of implementing Lokshahi Din since 1999 vide its Govt. Circular of General Administration Dept. No. kra.pra.su.dha.-1099/CR-23/99/18-A Dt.29/12/99. Initially the Lokshahi Din was started at Collector Office under the chairmanship of District Collector Thane. If citizen grievances are not resolved in Collector Office Lokshahi Din then the provision is given to escalate the grievances to Mantralay lokshai din which is conducted under the chairmanship of Hon. Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
The procedure for Lokshahi Din was revised vide Govt. circular no. kra.pra.su.dha./1002/CR-69/2002/18-अ Dt.22/7/2002 and an additional Lokshahi Din at Divisional Commissioner level is introduced and is scheduled on second Monday of every month
In order to fast redressal of the citizen grievances under Local Self Government, one more Lokshahi Din is conducted at Municipal Corporation level vide Govt. Circular No. kra.ma.ha.lo./1007/212/pra.kra. 53/07/18-A Dt.7/11/2007. Lokhshi din at Municipal Corporation level is conducted on first Monday of every month. The citizen should personally submit his own complaint during this Lokshahi Din.
Lokshahi Din Implementation Schedule
|Sr. no.||Location||Schedule||Download Prescribed Proforma|
|1||Taluka Level||3rd Monday of every Month||Download(91 KB)|
|2||Collector/Municipal Corporation Commissioner Level||first Monday of every Month||Download(123 KB)|
|3||Divisional Commissioner Level||Second Monday of every Month||Download(130 KB)|
|4||Mantralay Level||First Monday of every month||Download(194 KB)|
The general schedule of Lokshahi din is as above. However in case of Public Holiday on the scheduled day of Lokshahi Din, it is conducted on next working day of the public holiday
As per Government Instruction, Lokshahi Din cannot be conducted at the areas where Model Code of Conduct for Election is declared.
Lokshahi Din is conducted at all the respective locations at 10:00 AM.
Criteria for Acceptance of Lokshahi Din Application
- Applicant should submit his application in the prescribed format only
- Personal type of Complaint / Submission must be submitted
- For applying in all the above 4 level of Lokshahi Din, the applicant must submit his application in prescribed proforma in two copies to the respective office before 15 days of actual Lokshahi Din
- After one month of Taluka Level Lokshahi din, applicant may apply to Collector Office / Municipal Corporation level Lokshahi Din. After 2 months of Collector Office / Municipal Corporation level Lokshahi Din, applicant may apply to Divisional Commissioner level Lokshahi Din and after 2 months of Divisional Commissioner level Lokshahi Din, applicant may apply to Mantralaya level Lokshahi Din
Applications on following subjects will not be accepted in Lokshahi Din
- Court related matters
- Service related or Establishment related matters
- Applications not submitted in prescribed proforma and not attached with supporting documents
- If for Old applications whose final answer has been given or will be given then such applications cannot be re-submitted in any of the Lokshahi Dins
- If complaint / submission is not personal type
- All the applications which will not be accepted for Lokshahi Din will be forwarded to the concerned office within 8 days for further action and the same will be intimated to the applicant